Mega cities around the world face constant security risks. These threats must be anticipated, identified and taken down with pinpoint accuracy. Vital facilities also pose as attractive targets. As perpetrators devise new models of infiltration, security protocols need to adapt accordingly by offering reliable and credible solutions. The AgilFence Perimeter Intrusion Detection System from ST Engineering is a solution designed and developed in many project for fence security, offering highly accurate and instantaneous detection. This enables a facility’s security force to respond quickly and effectively.
Download the Fence-Mount PIDS brochure here
- Low False Alarm
- Highly Reliable Immune to EMI, RFI & Lightning
- High Probability of Detection
- Cut Resilience
- Pin Point Intrusion
- CCTV Integration for Verification of Intrusion
- Military Sites
- Nuclear & Power Plants
- Sensitive Building & Land Areas
- Banking Facilities
- Industrial & Commercial Sites
- Sites Requiring Maximum Security
HOW IT WORKS
The AgilFence Perimeter Intrusion Detection System (PIDS) offers a Wall/Drain/Gate PIDS version that is specifically designed to detect and report attempts of intrusion by scaling or breaching perimeter walls. The AgilFence Wall/Drain/Gate PIDS is available as an extension to the regular Fence-mount PIDS version. This protection system provides a robust solution to address the lack of an effective perimeter intrusion detection system for the protection of perimeter walls/drains/gates.
Download Wall PIDS brochure
- Highly reliable, more than 95% probability of detection
- Pinpointing accuracy, within 10 metres (i.e. ±5 metres accuracy)
- Extremely low false alarm rate
- Extremely low nuisance alarm rate
- Resilient to defeat
- Military Sites
- Correctional facilities
- Nuclear plants
- Sensitive buildings & Land areas
- Communications facilities
- Banking facilities
- Industrial & Commercial sites
- Sites requiring maximum security
HOW IT WORKS
Buried Intrusion Detection System For Border Security
AgilFence Buried Intrusion Detection System (BIDS) for Border Security & Open Boundary Protection is a buried fibre optics sensing solution that secures perimeters by detecting a range of threats above and below ground, e.g. illegal cross-border immigrants, tunnelling, intrusion into an area with no physical barrier.
- Positioning of discrete fibre sensors is flexible, adjustable and customisable depending on terrain
- Extremely sensitive sensors for weak ground disturbance factors like footsteps
- Offers alarm resolution, giving multiple alarms triggered by different fibre sensors
- Signal processing software rides on COTS PC server, thus cheaper, fully reliable and supportable
- Can be scaled down for shorter distance using fewer-channel Sensing Unit
- Covert deployment of buried highly sensitive fibre sensors
- Signal transmitted via low-loss fibre optic cable can be remotely monitored
- No electronics or power in the field, no lightning risk
- Intrinsically safe, immune to EMI/RFI
- Zero field maintenance, easy operation
- Unlimited scalability
- Good accuracy of +/- 2 m
HOW IT WORKS
Highly-sensitive discrete fibre sensors are spaced a distance apart, linked by a fibre-optic cable, and installed below ground to create an “invisible perimeter” along the desired protection areas. This intricate sensing system is able to detect small movements like footsteps of an intruder crossing into a protected area. Backend equipment, each covering a few kilometres, are housed in intermediate locations one every few kilometres to effectively cover extended border lengths.
The AgilFence buried solution uses Phase-Sensitive Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (PS-OTDR) technology to achieve distributed acoustic sensing along an optical fibre cable up to 20km. When a coherent laser pulse is launched from AgilFence Sensing Unit into the fibre and gets detected by any third-party interference, Rayleigh backscattering occurs. This backscattering signals received will be analysed by the AgilFence Signal Processing Unit. By detecting temporary changes in frequency, amplitude and/or phase, AgilFence Distributed Acoustic Sensing can pick up vibration or acoustic signals caused by excavation activities. As the distance the light travelled can be easily calculated from the time of travelling, the excavation activities can be located accurately. With intelligent signal processing, false alarm will be eliminated and true alarm will be triggered and displayed to the user.
Nexotron Systems is the Authorized Partner of South Asia of world renowned ST Electronics in the aforementioned region and strives to provide smart and intelligent solutions in lighting systems and Perimeter Intrusion detection system for commercial, enterprise, domestic and Defense spaces.